Our reputation for knowledgeable, friendly, highly skilled drivers is something we are very proud of at Johnsons. Our uniformed drivers are the people our customers meet face to face, whether on our buses or coaches and are therefore the 'face' of our business.
We select staff on the basis of their performance within a standardised interview and skill-based assessment programme, ensuring fair selection for every applicant.
Furthermore, applicants are only selected upon the completion of health and CRB checks, and having engaged in an assessment day whether they complete aptitude tests in the following areas: geography and map reading test, a Highway Code test and a practical PCV driving assessment.
Training & Development
We are committed to providing top training and development of all staff at Johnsons and are a registered CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) driver training centre in our own right. We also provide the following:
Back to Home
Why Choose Johnsons?
- Induction Training - an in-depth scheme for all new staff which has been in place for many years.
- CPC Trained - all drivers are CPC trained in line with European requirements.
- Institute of Advanced Motoring - a certificate achieved by most full-time coach drivers.
- ROSCO (Road Operators' Safety Council) - All drivers are registered for their Safe Driving Awards.
- SAFED (Safe and Fuel Efficient Driving): Our PCV license holders have completed this development course.